We have all been there. You go to take a picture or some video with your phone, or GoPro, and it’s just too dark to get anything useable. Either your on-phone flash just looks terrible, isn’t powerful enough, or your phone doesn’t even have a flash.
Enter the Lume Cube.
What Is The Lume Cube?
The Lume Cube is a small, portable LED light source capable of up to 1500 lumens of light output that can be controlled with your smartphone. You can even connect up to 5 of them and control them together, for a combined 7,500 lumens of output at your disposal.
We all know that light is the key to a good photo or good video. It’s just a necessity, and these Lume Cubes give you the ability to put lights in places you never could before with various mounting options including a magnet. They even have an optical sensor, so they can be triggered like any other speedlight.
Lume Cube Highlights
- Take It Anywhere: 1.5” Cube Encased in Water Resistant Silicone Shell
- Take Command: Fully Adjustable Flash Duration & Brightness via Smartphone App
- Sync It Up: Bluetooth Sync w/ iPhone and Android Smartphones
- Master Two Modes: External Flash for Photos or Constant Light for Video
- Light An Entire Scene: Sync up to 5 Lume Cubes Individually via Smartphone App
- Adjust Brightness: Dimmable Between 0–1,500 lumens
- Mount to Most Surfaces: Powerful Magnet & Innovative Suction Cup
- Direct Your Focus: Tripod Designed by JOBY® Points Light Where It’s Needed
- Lock It Down: ¼ 20 Mount Attaches to Tripods & Action Cam Accessories
- Sync A Slave Flash: Optical Sensor Easily Detects & Triggers w/ Outside Flashes
- Color Temperature: 5600 K
- Shoot Continuously: No Recycle Time Between Flashes
- Power Through: ~2-Hour Battery Life @ 50% power & 1-Hour Charge Time w/ USB Charger
- Light Entire Scenes: Available in Single Unit, 2-Pack or 6-Pack in a Variety of Colors
- Enhance Your GoPro: Proprietary Mount & Waterproof Case Designed for GoPro Hero Cameras
Support Lume Cube
The team at Lume Cube is ready to head into production and begin shipping the product within 90 days, but they need your help to fund the actual production of the Lume Cubes. They are asking for help in raising the needed $56,000 over the next 29 days on Kickstarter. In just one day, they are already over 10,000 in pledges, so if you are interested in seeing the Lume Cube become a reality, head on over and show your support!
I will hopefully be getting my hands on a unit to try out and review, so stay tuned for that at some point in the near future.