Let’s double the search traffic to your photography website in 12 weeks!
Working on Search Engine Optimization for your website is like working out at the gym. You likely know what to do and how to do it already, but the hard part is staying consistent and motivated over time.
What works and what doesn’t? Where should you start? What is most effective for photographers?
This is where our 12 Week Photography SEO Program comes in. We’re here to walk you through exercises and assignments, week-by-week, step-by-step, to help you increase search traffic to your website. And more importantly, your community members will be on the same journey so you can help each other out, learn from each others’ questions and mistakes, and succeed as a community.
how does the program work?
- Every week, a new assignment will be posted in Premium starting January 14th, 2019.
- To stay accountable, each assignment will include a method of verification.
- SLR Lounge staff be there to answer questions for the week’s assignment.
- If you fall behind or join late, catch up so that you can move along with the community.
how to join the program
The overall goal is to increase the traffic that comes into your site via Google. Below is a screenshot of the number of sessions our studio receives in a month, roughly 55K to 60K, for Lin and Jirsa Photography, a wedding photography studio that has been around for 10 years.
What we’ve built in 10 years is NOT achievable in 12 weeks. However, there are improvements that you can make to your site and your strategy that will yield more immediate results. Below is the same metric for our Family, Newborn, and Maternity Photography studio, Line and Roots Photography, which has been in business for 1 year now.
As you can see, the 350 to 400 visits from Google per month, or roughly 10-12 visits per day is a modest number in comparison to the traffic we receive for LJP. We’re confident that you can do the same or better!
So what should your goal be?
Specific SEO traffic numbers are impossible to guarantee since it depends on the level of competition in your area and the number of people searching for your keywords. However, setting a goal is still critical, as it gives you something to strive for and something to celebrate when achieved. Here’s what we suggest.
- If you have not done any SEO work on your website, let’s make your goal to double your search traffic in 12 weeks.
- If you have done some SEO work on your website, let’s make your goal to increase your search traffic in 12 weeks by 50%.
This may or may not happen; and if it doesn’t, you shouldn’t be discouraged. At the end of 12 weeks, you’ll have a game plan and a path to eventual success.
Thank you all and we’re excited to get started.