The rumors had said to expect this, and they were right. Today, Leica announced their new M Monochrom and just as you would expect from the name – it only shoots black and white.
The new M Monochrom features a 24MP Black & White CMOS sensor, with a maximum ISO of 25,000, and a 3″ LCD. The camera is capable of recording full 1080 HD video though it is limited to black and white (Who shoots video on Leicas anyway?).
Leica M Monochrom Features
- Leica MP body with 2GB buffer, sapphire glass
- 3″ LCD screen
- Only available in black
- Body made of high-strength magnesium alloy and solid brass top and base plates finished in black chrome
- New 24MP sensor
- Live-view and focus peaking
- Shoot video in b&w (full HD)
- 25,000 ISO
- 3 new color filters introduced
According to the release, the new Leica M Monochrom will be available in the US starting on May 7th, for a very Leica asking price of $7,450. If you are interested in learning more, you can find all the details over on Leica’s website.
Stay tuned and we will get you some pre-order links once they are available.
[via Leica Rumors]