How to Create Professional Photography Using $30 Reflectors for Lighting – Photography Video Tutorial
About a month ago, we took on the challenge of shooting an entire fashion shoot with just an iPhone and a couple $30 reflectors as a follow up video to the Fstoppers iPhone Fashion Shoot. The SLR Lounge iPhone Photo Shoot has gotten a lot of attention and we thought it was time for a follow up video.
So, in this follow up video, we will be showing you guys the exact reflector lighting techniques that we used to pull off every shot that we took in the SLR Lounge iPhone Photo Shoot.
However, we will be using a legit camera this time. This time we will be using our 5D Mark II along with a 50mm 1.4 Prime Lens. But, trust me that you can pretty much get these exact same shots with virtually any DSLR body with a 50mm 1.4 Prime Lens attached. Below the video, we have listed out all of the equipment and software used to create these shots. So be sure to check that out as well.
Enjoy, and as always, let us know what you think!
1) Camera Body: Canon EOS 5D Mark II 21.1MP Full Frame CMOS Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)
2) Lens: Canon EF 50mm f1.4 USM Standard & Medium Telephoto Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
3) CF Cards: SanDisk Extreme – Flash memory card – 16 GB – 400x – CompactFlash
4) 2x Reflectors (One used as a scrim): Westcott 301 Photo Basics 40-Inch 5-in-1 Reflector
5) Basic Editing: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3
6) Advanced Editing: Adobe Photoshop CS5
To see all of the original and edited shots from this shoot. Please check out the photos on our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/slrlounge
For those of you interested in checking out the SLR Lounge iPhone Photo Shoot, we’ve included the video below as well.
Post Production Pye
SLR Lounge Senior Editor
Partner ofLin and Jirsa, Los Angeles Wedding Photographer