Welcome to Time Out with Tanya, where I’ve put my fast paced graphic design career on hold in favor of adventures in motherhood. I’m capturing every moment on camera and you can come along, if you’d like. Sign up for my weekly email here so you’ll never miss a Time Out.
Tomorrow, I’ll be boarding a jet plane headed for Salt Lake City and Clickin’ Moms’ Click Away 2014 Photography Conference! Not a huge deal to many of you, but for a mom of three littles, four whole days with no dirty diapers, dishes or tantrums is practically equivalent to winning the lottery. If you’re one of the moms who couldn’t make it, don’t worry, you can follow along with me via Twitter and Instagram and get a taste of what it’s all about. I’ll be posting little nuggets of wisdom by some pretty awesome creative professionals and well-known photographers in our industry. Here are a few highlights from my schedule…
1. Keynote speaker Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray, Love (and her latest novel, The Signature of All Things) will be sharing her thoughts on creative living. Follow me on Twitter if you want to read my favorite inspiring quotes from her speech.
2. Pricing Critique with Alicia Gould (read my interview with her here: INTERVIEW WITH ALICIA GOULD, NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHER & CLICKIN MOMS MENTOR). Pricing, and the business side of photography in general, is something I have struggled with from the beginning, so I really need this class!
3. Meeting Sue Bryce (OMG! No explanation necessary!) Read my interview with her here: MORE THAN HAIR & MAKE-UP: THE TRUE VALUE OF A GLAMOUR PORTRAIT – INTERVIEW WITH SUE BRYCE
4. A photo walk in Downtown Salt Lake. I’ll be lugging my Canon 5D Mark III around all weekend, along with my Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 L II lens and maybe my 85mm. I really need to get me a “walking around camera”… Follow me on Instagram, since I’ll be taking some shots with my Samsung Galaxy, too.
5. A ton of other classes about things like social media (with Courtney Slazinik from Click It Up a Notch), self portraits, seniors, families, commercial children’s photography. Oh, I can’t wait!
6. Another photo walk in Park City, which I have never really visited before. Maybe I’ll see some celebs????
7. A Gallery and Cocktail Reception one night and outdoor summer concert presented by Canon another night. Plus booths by sponsors like Canon, Nikon, Adobe, Westcott, Sigma, Animoto, etc. where I’ll be checking out products and giving you the scoop.
Guess what? There’s still time to register if you’ll be in the Salt Lake area and want to attend. Just visit www.clickinmoms.com/clickaway/ and sign up. There are also some one-day options and some programs will be steaming for FREE for those of you who can’t make it.
If you will be attending Click Away, look for me and introduce yourself. I would love to meet you. Who knows, maybe you’ll be my next feature story here at SLR Lounge…