Part of what makes GoPro so great is the ease with which you can mount it to almost any surface. The amount of accessories and mounts available for GoPro is part of what makes it such a successful system. Adding to their mount lineup, GoPro today announced their new Frame Mount for the Hero 3 and Hero 3+.
Described as “the smallest, lightest way to mount your GoPro.” The Frame allows you to mount your GoPro securely, but with a low-profile and minimal extra bulk. Think of this as the minimalist mount for your GoPro.
New GoPro Frame Mount Features
- Smallest, lightest way to mount your GoPro
- Minimalist design for compact, low-profile mounting
- Enables optimal audio capture during low-speed activities
- Allows full-time access to all camera ports for convenient data offload, live-feed video and charging
- Integrated latch makes removing the camera quick and easy
- Extendable support arm allows you to easily attach an LCD Touch BacPac or Battery BacPac (sold separately)
- Includes a glass Protective Lens to help guard the camera lens from dirt, dust and scratches
The old frame mount , which was available for GoPro Hero 3 only, is still available from B&H for $20. But if I were you, I would just save a little longer and get the new and improved version, which looks pretty impressive.