Fujifilm Officially Unveils New 16mm F/1.4
We heard that it would be coming, and it turns out that this time the rumors were spot on. Fujifilm just officially announced their new 16mm F/1.4 lens for their X-series camera system.
The new lens, which is a 24mm full frame equivalent field of view, promises to be a popular lens for landscape, astro, and environmental portrait shooters. The new 16mm F/1.4 features a high-speed autofocus of 0.11 seconds, a weather and dust-resistant structure that can work in temperatures as low as 14°F, and great portability thanks to its compact size.
The 16mmF/1.4also includes a depth-of-field scale on the focus ring that is perfect for landscape, travel and street photographers who want to calculate the distance, adjust the aperture setting, and shoot spontaneously.
In short, this lens continues Fuji’s stellar optical tradition with the X-series lenses and adds another incredible option for pros calling the X-Series their home.
FUJINON XF16mmF1.4 R WR Key Features
- Weather-resistant design with 9 sealing points in 8 areas
- 0.11 seconds autofocus speed and nearly silent operation
- Uses 13 elements in 11 groups, including 2 aspherical lens elements to control spherical
- Aberration and distortion, and 2 ED glass lens elements to reduce lateral and axial
- Chromatic aberration
- Nano-GI coating alters the refractive index between glass and air to reduce ghosting and flare
- 9 blade aperture creates smooth and circular bokeh
- 1/3 EV steps
- Minimum working distance of less than 6 inches
The FUJINON XF16mmF1.4 R WR will be available in May 2015 for USD $999.95. If you would like to pre-order the lens, you can do so now over on B&H.
So what are your thoughts on this new 16mm F/1.4? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think!
Modern Preset Pack
Give Your Images a Natural, Clean Style
Mood Preset Pack
Warm, Organic, Boho, Wanderlust Style
Crush Preset Pack
Give Images a Punch with Deep Blues
Pastel Preset Pack
Refined Film Emulation
Retouch, Dodge and Burn and Much More