Fujifilm has just officially unveiled the new 35mm F/2 WR, their latest addition to the X series line of cameras and lenses. Offering superior optical performance, weather sealing and special nano coatings, this new lens takes the already legendary Fujinon glass to new heights.
Attendees at Photo Plus Expo 2015 will have the first opportunity to see this lens, and also be able to loan it out for testing at the show. We will be making the trip over to the Fuji booth for sure to get a first-hand look at this new lens.
Fujifilm 35mm F/2 Specs
- FUJIFILM X-Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM X-Series interchangeable system camera
- Weather-resistant design with 8 sealing points for weather- and dust-resistance and operation as low as 14°F
- Internal focusing system with 0.08 seconds autofocus speed and nearly silent operation
- 9 elements in 6 groups, including 2 ED glass lens elements to reduce lateral and axial chromatic aberration
- Nano-GI coating reduces ghosting and flare
- 9 blade aperture creates smooth and circular bokeh
- 1/3 EV steps
- Minimum working distance of approximately 13 inches.
The new 35mm F/2 from Fuji will be available in November and will retail for only $399. I fully expect this high quality, yet affordable, lens to be very popular with Fuji shooters.
Fuji 1.4x Teleconverter Also Announced
In addition to the 35mm F/2, Fuji announced their new 1.4x teleconverter, which will also be on display at Photo Plus Expo this week. The teleconverter will give Fuji shooters the ability to get some extra reach from their 50-140mm lens instead of some new longer range telephoto lenses.
Fujifilm 1.4x Teleconverter Specs
- Multiplies focal length of FUJINON XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR by 1.4x
- Weather-resistant design for weather- and dust-resistance and operation as low as 14°F
- 7 elements in 3 groups
- AF speed equivalent to XF lens by itself is still achieved with the teleconverter
- Camera displays and records information reflecting the change in aperture and focal length when the teleconverter is mounted.
The new Fuji 1.4x teleconverter will be available in December of this year and will retail for $449 US. This will be a great product for Fuji shooters needing a little more reach than the X-Series can currently provide.
I am looking forward to getting a first-hand look at these products at Photo Plus. Make sure to keep it locked to SLR Lounge for all of the latest news and releases this week at the Expo!