Fujifilm Firmware Updates for 5 Cameras: GFX-50S, X-T2, X100, X-Pro2, X-T20
Fujifilm is known as one of those brands that knows how to flourish, despite the mass migration to the E-mount platform. They achieve this through a mix of wonderful lenses, unique color straight out of the camera, vintage aesthetics, and their ‘no camera left behind’ policy, kaizen.
The brilliant mix optics, color, and constant firmware updates have taken Fuji from a drop in the mirrorless pond, to a major player with a loyal fan base in a few short years. Firmware updates have been known to cause such massive changes camera ability, that Fuji has had to rewrite entire camera manuals.
Take the X100 for example, which Fuji followed up on with the X100S. When first released the OG X100 was plagued with poor auto-focus, inaccurate macro, and slow startup. Through a firmware update AF speed increased by 20%, close-up focus distance shortened by 30% before needing to switch to macro mode and camera start-up time has been shortened by approximately 0.2; who does that? The X-E2 was essentially made into an X-E2S through firmware and Fuji blatantly said so. Again, who does that?
Recently Fuji has announced firmware updates for five cameras. Though the new updates do not drastically change ability, the new firmware fixes the following issues:
- The phenomenon is fixed that in the MF mode, repeated halfway shutter pressing can shift the focus point under a specific exposure condition.
- The phenomenon is fixed that in the AF-S mode, repeated halfway shutter pressing can shift the focus point with SHUTTER AF setting OFF.
The following cameras can be updated:
- Fujifilm GFX ver. 1.11 – download here
- Fujifilm X100F ver. 1.02 – download here
- Fujifilm X-Pro2 ver. 3.11 – download here
- Fujifilm X-T2 ver. 2.11 – download here
- Fujifilm X-T20 ver. 1.02 – download here
Other major brands would fix issues in a “new” model and release them under a moniker that is slightly different than the one it was replacing, forcing photographers who wanted those issues fixed to buy the new camera.
Belonging under the X-Series umbrella means that you will have support for you camera for quite some time, even if a new model has been released.
$100 Off Premium
1,500+ Lessons, 30+ Workshops
33% Off Visual Flow
Designed by SLR Lounge & DVLOP
2020 Holiday Gift Guide
Ideas for All Budgets
Black Friday Deal Tracker