When the Fuji X-T2 was announced it was a big upgrade from its predecessor, the X-T1. Of the many things that were enhancements (the 24.3 MP X-Trans CMOS III sensor, faster processor, 4K video, 1/8000 shutter, 1/250 Flash sync), the X-T1 still had one thing up from its younger sibling; tethering. Fuji announced some time ago that a tethering would be on the horizon, and after many moons, a new firmware was released a few days ago that bring that capability.
Fuji shooters who are rocking the X-T2 will now enjoy the benefits of tethered shooting; a long requested feature from studio based X-Photographers. The new firmware brings tethering support for the already existing Adobe Plug-in (with limited functionality) and compatibility with Fuji’s HS-V5 software; as well as a new Mac-only Pro Plug-in for $80.
In Fuji’s familiar Philosophy of Kaizen standard the new firmware brings bug fixes and improved usability, including fixing the X-T2’s compatibility with the Nissin i40 Speedlight a breakdown of the updates is below:
- Lock function during shooting mode is added. The update will let users prevent from the unexpected dial/button operation.
- The shutter speed will be displayed in a preview image with the setting of SHUTTER AE OFF, ISO AUTO and Aperture-Priority.
- The phenomenon is fixed that overexposure could happen with the setting of AF-C mode, AF-C PRIORITY SELECTION and FACE DETECTION ON.
- The phenomenon is fixed that AF function doesn’t work well in the tele-photo area with XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR.
- The phenomenon is fixed that hung-up could happen when carrying out SELECT FROM NETWORK LIST of MANUAL SETUP in PC AUTO SAVE SETTING.
- The phenomena is fixed that CH HIGH SPEED BURST (continuous high speed) doesn’t work well with fixed exposure and fixed amount of flash luminescence (TTL-L or flash M mode) while used with FUJIFILM Shoe Mount Flash (excluding EF-X8)
- The phenomenon is fixed that Flash i40 made by Nissin for FUJIFILM doesn’t fire.
Modern Preset Pack
Give Your Images a Natural, Clean Style
Mood Preset Pack
Warm, Organic, Boho, Wanderlust Style
Crush Preset Pack
Give Images a Punch with Deep Blues
Pastel Preset Pack
Refined Film Emulation
Retouch, Dodge and Burn and Much More