It has been said that Fuji‘s biggest weakness is in their lack of professional quality telephoto zoom lens options. Today, Fuji emphatically answered that critique with the announcement of their new 50-140mm F/2.8 lens.
The newly announced 50-140mm F/2.8 R LM OIS WR lens is not only a 76-213mm (35mm equivalent) lens, but is also the first real pro level telephoto zoom in the Fuji system. The lens is both weather sealed and comes with image stabilization. It also has the nice added touch of being internal focusing and zooming, something none of their other telephoto zooms do. All of you wedding and sports photographers that have been waiting for this can now rejoice!
[REWIND: Fuji Announces New X100T]
Fuji XF 50-140mm F/2.8 R LM OIS WR Specs
- X-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 76-213mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Five ED Elements & One Super ED Element
- Nano-GI and HT-EBC Lens Coatings
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Triple Linear Autofocus Motor
- Inner Focusing and Zoom Design
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- Seven-Blade Rounded Diaphragm
That pro level quality and capability does not come without a cost though, as this new lens comes in at a $1599, making it the most expensive Fuji X series lenses-to-date. If you are a professional shooting the Fuji system though, this is virtually a must have lens. You can get your name on the list early with a pre-order over on B&H here.