The Fuji X-T10 is now hitting stores with its upgraded features and improved autofocus. X-T1 owners have been getting a little jealous of the features, knowing that the version 4.0 firmware was on the way. But now there is finally a date.
According to the latest news, the X-T1 version 4.0 firmware update will be dropping for users on June 29th. The update includes a whole host of new features, including, but not limited to, the improved AF technology in the X-T10, Exposure Compensation in Manual mode, and improved shutter speed dial operation.
Full Fuji X-T1 Firmware 4.0 Features
- Zone & Wide/Tracking modes for accurate capture of moving subjects
- Delivering a more accurate focusing performance
- Eye Detection AF
- Auto Macro
- Improved AF in the Movie mode for smoother video recording
- Improved Shutter Speed Dial operation
- Exposure Compensation in the Manual exposure mode
- Finer lines on the framing grid enhances visibility
- Name of silent mode changed to avoid confusion
All of these features ship in the new X-T10, so if you decide to get yourself an X-T10, there will be no need for a firmware update. The X-T1 is just being updated so that its features are in line with the newer X-T10.
What are your thoughts on this new firmware update? Are you going to be updating your firmware right away? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think!