New Fuji XE-2 A Vast Improvement over Popular XE-1
Fans of the Fuji XE-1 will be delighted to hear that Fuji has just announced a new successor to the wildly popular ILC, the XE-2. The announcement comes in what has turned out to be a really busy week for gear announcements, with Nikon and Sony also announcing new camera bodies.
Inside of the new XE-2 you can find what is essentially all new hardware from what was inside of the XE-1. It all starts with a 16.3-megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor, a new 920K-dot 3-inch LCD, a new EXR Processor II, and a brand new Hybrid AF system that claims to be the fastest in the world (for an APS-C Camera or Larger). Overall some pretty impressive specs, and a definite improvement over the current XE-1 model.
Fuji XE-2 Specs
- 16.3 million Megapixels APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
- EXR Processor II
- AF speed 0.08 seconds
- Lens Modulation Optimizer for improved image quality
- Extra high resolution 2.36 million dot OLED electronic viewfinder
- ±3 EV Exposure Compensation dial with third stops increments
- 3” (1.04 million dot) premium clear LCD (High contrast, High Brightness and Wide viewing angle)
- Built-in Super Intelligent pop-up Flash(hot shoe attachment also available for external flash)
- ISO200 – 6400, extended ISO 100, 12800, 25600, Auto(maximum ISO setting from ISO
- Film simulation modes (Velvia, ASTIA, PROVIA, Monochrome, Sepia, Pro Neg.Std & Pro Neg.Hi)
- Artistic features: Multiple exposure, Panoramic shooting,Toy Camera, Miniature,
- Selection of Bracketing functions (AE/ISO/Dynamic Range &Film Simulation)
- Full HD Movie
- Microphone/shutter release input (φ2.5mm)
- Super Intelligent Flash
Fuji XE-2 Images
What are your thoughts on the new XE-2? Is it a worthy upgrade over the XE-1? Let us know your thoughts in a comment below.