It seems that Sony may be the first of the big manufacturers to make their Photokina announcements. According to Sony Alpha Rumors, the Sony a5100 is expected to be announced on the 19th (in two days) and will be the first in a line of announcements leading up to Photokina.
The first images of the a5100 have leaked online ahead of that announcement. All we have is a front view, so we can’t see much about layout and what not, but overall, I think it looks pretty nice. Though, I also think it looks just about like any of their older NEX models, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
[REWIND: First Image of The Olympus E-PL7]
Rumored Sony a5100 Specs
- 24,3 MP APS-C sensor
- Full HD, XAVC-S, AVCHD and MP4 video recording
- Max bit rate is 50MPs in XAVC-S
- Hybrid AF (same as A6000) with 179 AF points (25 of them are contrast AF points)
- 3 inch and 920.000 dot Touch LCD. 180 degree tiltable
- 1/4000-30 sec shutter. 1/60 syncro. Electronic front curtain shutter
- ISO 100-25,600
- Wifi NFC
- APP support
- SD card
- The battery is the NP-FW50. 400 shoots autonomy
- The size is 109.6mm x 62.8mm x35.7mm
- 224 g Weight (body only)
So what are your thoughts on the appearance or specs for this new a5100? Will this be a nice option for those who want A6000 performance, but don’t need the EVF or price? Leave a comment below!
[via Sony Alpha Rumors]