We have been talking about the expected Nikon announcement here for a while. It seemed pretty likely to be a D800s, but there was a chance that the rumored D9300 may be announced. Now we know, as well as things can be known prior to an announcement, that the D800s is it.
According to a report over on Nikon Rumors, they have confirmed that the D800s will be announced on June 26th. This is not a case of we think it will be then, supposedly someone has confirmed it, so while salt is always needed in these cases, this is about as close to a sure thing as you can get.
D800s Rumored Specs
- 36MP sensor
- No AA filter
- Improved moiré suppression
- Expeed 4 imaging processor
- New higher resolution LCD screen
- Improved video capabilities
- Same AF improvements like in the D4s
- Improved low light capabilities: one stop better ISO performance
- Built-in GPS
- No Built-in Wi-Fi
- Improved frame rate at 5 fps
- The new camera will be lighter than D800/D800e
- The price is expected to be higher than the D800E
What are your thoughts on this rumored D800s? Are you disappointed its not the D9300 after all, or did you expect this?
[via Nikon Rumors]