DSLR Quality in a Point and Shoot size
The G16 is Canon’s newest flagship point and shoot camera. It has an impressive 35mm equivalent 28-140mm zoom lens with a maximum aperture of f/1.8-2.8, couple that with a max iso of 12800 and you have a great low light camera. The camera also includes live view shooting, hot shoe mount, HDR shooting mode, built-in wifi, and many more features both consumers and professionals would enjoy.
Incredible Imaging, Ready to Share
With performance and creative expression approaching that of an SLR camera, the new PowerShot G16 camera makes unlimited imaging not just portable, but now wireless, too! Built-in Wi-Fi® offers easy set-up and powerful capabilities: upload stills and video to Facebook®, Twitter®, YouTube™ and Flickr®; send to email; share to tablets and smartphones; print wirelessly; and transfer to PCs. You’ll be eager to share the spectacular images you create with the 12.1 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 6 Image Processor. Together they create the Canon HS SYSTEM for significantly improved resolution in an expanded ISO range of 80-12800. Stunning 1080p/60p Full HD video is possible thanks to the DIGIC 6 Image Processor: vividly realistic and incredibly smooth. A 5x Optical Zoom offers excellent shooting versatility, and the bright f/1.8 lens performs brilliantly in low light. Continuous shooting with full resolution has been boosted up to EOS-caliber speeds, and High Speed AF puts images in focus almost the moment the camera is aimed, so you can freeze that perfect shot. Intelligent IS counteracts camera shake for clear shots in any situation. Shoot HDR photos without a tripod, and add dynamic new finishing effects. You can also capture breathtaking images of the nighttime sky with new star shooting modes. Enjoy pro-like advantages such as Multi aspect RAW, which lets you take control over the editing process, and compatibility with Canon Speedlite flashes and a variety of EOS System accessories.
- New to the G-Series, built-in Wi-Fi® allows you to wirelessly transfer your images with ease to social networking sites through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY#, to a PC, or upload virtually anywhere on your iOS® or Android™ device with the free download of the Canon CameraWindow app**.
- 12.1 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor combined with Canon’s powerful DIGIC 6 Image Processor creates the Canon HS SYSTEM for outstanding low-light performance up to ISO 12800, enhanced image quality, and ultra-fast operation.
- Capture stunning 1080p/60p Full HD video for lifelike images and convenient playback on an HDTV via the HDMI output. Record at 60 frames per second for even more detailed, superb results in MP4 format.
- 5x Optical Zoom (28mm-140mm) and a bright f/1.8 (W) – f/2.8 (T) lens enables you to capture more in your frame, and is ideal for low-light conditions or using shallow depth-of-field for dramatic, soft backgrounds.
- High Speed AF greatly improves focus speed. Paired with continuous shooting speeds of up to 9.3 fps and the removal of buffer time, you can get your best shot in full resolution***.
- Intelligent IS automatically chooses from six different modes to optimize image stabilization for shake-free images in a wide variety of conditions.
- Multi aspect RAW enables you to shoot uncompressed RAW images in various frame ratios to suit the intended use of the image.
- Compatible with Canon Speedlite flashes and a variety of EOS System accessories for additional creative options.
- HDR scene mode combines multiple shots into one picture, capturing a greater dynamic range between the lightest and darkest areas of an image to provide greater detail. New artistic sub-modes such as Art Bold and Art Vivid unlock new opportunities for creativity.
- Shoot breathtaking images and video of the stars with new star shooting modes designed to better capture the brilliance and wonder of the night sky.
Learn more about the Canon Powershot G16 here