It seems that the specs leaked earlier today on the two Canon cameras was for a good reason, Canon decided to join Sony and make several announcements tonight, among them the new T5 (or Kiss X70) and G1 XII.
Canon Rebel T5
Canon Rebel T5 Specs
- 18MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- EF-S 18-55mm IS II Lens Included
- Digic 4 Image Processor
- Full HD 1080p Video
- 3″ LCD Screen
- 100-6400 ISO
- 9-Point Autofocus System
- 3 fps Continuous Shooting
- Scene Intelligent Auto Mode
- Compatible with Canon EF and EF-S Lenses
If you are interested in the new T5 you can pre-order it from B&H in a kit starting at just $549. If you ask me, I am curious what the point of this camera is. I mean a T2i from 2010 has equal to better specs based on who you ask. Why would anyone want this?
Canon G1 XII
Canon G1 XII Specs
- 12.8MP High-Sensitivity 1.5″ CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- Canon 5x Optical Zoom Lens
- 24-120mm f/2-3.9 (35mm Equivalent)
- 3.0″ 1,040k-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- High Speed AF and 5.2 fps Shooting
- HS SYSTEM and Optical Image Stabilizer
- Dual Control Rings and 14-Bit RAW
If you are interested in the new G1 XII compact camera you can pre-order that now from B&H for $799. It looks like a solid “advanced” compact camera. Lens could be a little better, but 24mm at F2 is not terrible, and 120mm at F4 is sufficient during most daytime shooting.
What are your thoughts on these two announcements from Canon? Share your thoughts below to join the discussion.