The announcement of the Canon 5Ds and 5DsR were some of the oddest in recent memory. Not only were they announced 6 months before availability, but pre-orders were not even an option from the get go.
If you were interested in pre-ordering one of these new cameras, the wait is almost over. According to B&H’s website, they will begin accepting pre-orders on the new 5Ds and 5DsR this upcoming Monday, March 23rd at 12AM EST.
No word yet on the shipping dates, but last official word was that both would be available in June. It will be interesting to see if that date changes since the latest rumors state that Sony will be announcing their own 50MP camera and shipping before Canon’s estimated date.
Canon 5DS Specs
- 50.6MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors
- 3.2″ 1,040K-Dot ClearView II LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- 61-Point High Density Reticular AF
- 150,000-Pixel RGB+IR Metering Sensor
- ISO 100-6400; 5.0 fps Burst Shooting
- Anti-Flicker Compensation
- User-Selectable Shutter Release Time Lag
- Dual Compact Flash and SD Media Slots