Pre-orders have been available since the lens was announced back on November 11th, and now, we finally have a release date for the white unicorn, or as most of you may know it, the Canon 100-400mm F/4.5-5.6L IS II!
Canon 100-400mm F/4.5-5.6L IS II Shipping Dec 12th
According to the product listing over on B&H, the new Canon 100-400mm will begin shipping on Friday, December 12th. As always, pre-orders are first come, first served, so if you want to get one of these beauties, I suggest you get your order in ASAP.
In case you need a reminder, the new Canon 100-400mm F/4.5-5.6L IS II is the follow up to the super popular Canon 100-400mm F/4.5-5.6L IS. The lens comes at an interesting time for Canon, as this lens in particular has stiff competition from the likes of Tamron and Sigma, two lenses that have more range and perform very well.
Canon 100-400mm F/4.5-5.6L IS II Specs
- EF Mount L-Series Lens/Full-Frame Format
- One Fluorite and One Super UD Element
- Air Sphere and Fluorine Lens Coatings
- Ring-Type USM AF Motor, Internal Focus
- Optical Image Stabilizer with 3 Modes
- Rotating Zoom Ring & Torque Adjustment
- Weather-Sealed Design
- Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
As I mentioned above, the 100-400mm F/4.5-5.6L IS II is now available for pre-order at a price of $2199 and will begin shipping in 9 days on Friday, December 12th.