Every month, we bring you a new photo contest with a new theme and a fun prize. Be sure to check out the entries in our contest forums.
August Theme: Vertical
The theme is “vertical.” What does that mean? Well that’s entirely up to you. It can be vertical lines, vertical compositions, people/things being vertically elevated or any other creative play on this word. Have fun with this theme!
1) Oben AC-1320 3-Section Aluminum Tripod with BA-1 Ball Head from B&H (For US Winners Only)
- Product Highlights:
- – 17.6 lb Load Capacity
- – Maximum System Height of 65″
- – Collapses Down to 27″
- – All Anodized Aluminum for Max Stability
- – Cast Aluminum Chassis
- – Lightweight – Weighs Just Over 4 lb
- – 5 Bubble Levels
- – Removable Head
2. SLR Lounge HDR Workshop | Digital Download (For both International and US Winners)
– Digital Download: 2 DVDs, 10 hours, 15 professional HDR images from start to finish (RAW files included).
Note: If you already own this product, you will receive the equivalent credit for our other digital products.
How To Enter
- Click into our Forums HERE
- Upload or link (linking to a photo hosted elsewhere is preferred) to your image entry
- Optional: Give us a quick sentence or two about the image. You may choose to describe your vision, the technical aspects or anything you’d like
Contest Rules and Restrictions
- One Entry Per Person/entity
- Contest Open Internationally, however for international winners, the first prize from B&H is excluded and the prize is limited to the digital download of the second prize only.
- Photo Must Have Been Taken By Entrant
Contest Criteria and Winner Selection
- The winning photo will be based on overall interest and appeal of the photo. Factors include: overall creativity, adherence to the theme, overall aesthetics of the photograph, story-telling depth to the image, and others
- No limits or restrictions on photo manipulation
- Contest Ends at Midnight on August 31st
- Winners Announced Between September 1st through September 4th