The problem with staying on the razor’s edges of camera gear these days is that process of having to wait until Adobe updates Lightroom in order to really use the gear as you normally would.
Luckily for those of you who already own the Nikon D810, or maybe the new Canon 16-35mm F/4L, that update from Adobe just dropped and the 5.6 update is full of new product support.
New Camera Support
New Lens Support
- Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
- Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD A010E
- Tamron 18-200 f/3.5-6.3 DiIII VC B011EM
- Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR 70-300mm f/4.5 – 5.6
- Tamon 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD A010N
- Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM A013
- Schneider Kreuznach LS 40-80mm f/4.0-5.6
- Sony 28mm f/2.8
- Sony 16mm f/2.8 Fisheye
- Sony 100mm f/2.8 MACRO
- Sony DT 16-105mm f/3.5-5.6
- Sony DT 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3
- Sony DT 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3
- Sony 70-200mm f/2.8G
- Sony 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM
- Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM
- Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM II
- Sony 135mm f/2.8 [T4.5] STF
- Sony 300mm f/2.8 G SSM II
- Zeiss Touit 2.8/50M
It is not all about new gear support though, the 5.6 update also comes with a bunch of bug fixes for various issues that users are having with Lightroom.
[PRODUCT HIGHLIGHT: SLR Lounge Lightroom Preset System]
- Collections with a custom sort order would sometimes not properly sync with Lightroom mobile.
- Updated the “Adobe Standard” color profile for the Nikon D810. Please note that this only impacts customers who used Camera Raw 8.6 or DNG Converter 8.6 to convert NEF raw files from the D810 to DNG
- Star ratings set in Lightroom mobile did not properly sync to Lightroom desktop. Please note that this only occurred on images that were added to Lightroom mobile from the camera roll
- Resolved the issues causing the persistent “Syncing … images” state that some of our customers have reported.”
- Star ratings would sometimes not sync from Lightroom desktop to Lightroom mobile. Please note that this only occurred when attempting to sync a Collection that contained more than 100 photos that already contained star ratings.
- Added information to the “System Info” dialogue to help designate if the customer installed Lightroom from the Creative Cloud.
- Unable to open sRaw files from the Nikon D810. Please note that this only impacted customers that converted D810 sRaw files to DNG in either Camera Raw 8.6 RC or DNG Converter 8.6 RC.
- Images with invalid GPS coordinates would not properly sync with Lightroom mobile
- Lightroom occasionally crashed when changing image selection on Windows. Please note that this only occurred on the Windows platform.
- JPEG files exported from Lightroom would not open or be available to edit within Canon Digital Photo Professional application software.
- Lightroom would run in reduced functionality mode when it should not.