Adobe Lightroom 5.3 & Camera Raw 8.3 Release Candidates Now Available
Adobe has announced that the release candidates for Lightroom 5.3 and Camera RAW 8.3 are now available for download. These new releases add support for a variety of new cameras and lenses as well as some fixes for current issues with the two programs.
There are no new features being added in this release, but that is a good thing in my estimation. This means that Adobe is now focusing on fixing what is wrong with the currently available feature set before adding more, I like that. Hopefully we may even see some sort of performance boost with this new release candidate.
You can download the new Lightroom 5.3 RC here, if you want the new Camera RAW 8.3 update you can get that here (or here if you are still using CS6). If you want to learn more about the features of the updates keep on reading.
Lightroom 5.3 and Camera RAW 8.3 Features
New Camera Support
- Canon PowerShot S120
- Fujifilm XQ1
- Fujifilm X-E2
- Nikon 1 AW1
- Nikon Coolpix P7800
- Nikon D610
- Nikon D5300
- Olympus OM-D E-M1
- Olympus STYLUS 1
- Panasonic DMC-GM1
- Phase One IQ260
- Phase One IQ280
- Sony A7 (ILCE-7)
- Sony A7R (ILCE-7R)
- Sony DSC-RX10
New Lens Profile Support
- Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
- Canon EOS M
- Nikon 1 NIKKOR AW 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6
- Nikon 1 NIKKOR AW 10mm f/2.8
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm F/1.4G
- Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM A013
- Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM A013
- Sony E 20mm F2.8
- Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
- Issues when upgrading catalog from previous versions of Lightroom.
- Incorrect photos are displayed after switching away from a Publish Collection.
- Catalog optimization did not finish, and was not optimizing the catalog
- Feather of clone spots is set to 0 after upgrading catalog to Lightroom 5.
- Auto White Balance settings are not saved to Snapshots.
- Sony 18-55mm lens is detected as the Hasselblad 18-55mm lens for lens correction.
- Increased Update Spot Removal history steps when in Before and After view.
- Slideshows start playing automatically even when the Manual Slideshow option is enabled.
- Video playback stops when dragging on the scrubber.
- Errors when publishing photos to Flickr through the Publish Service.
- Option + drag on Edit Pin behavior is functioning incorrectly.
- Black border appears around the exported slideshow video.
- Catalog containing images processed with PV2003 were adding a post-crop vignette when catalog upgraded to Lightroom 5.
- Pressing the “Reset” button while holding down the Shift key caused Lightroom to exit abruptly.
- Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction were not applied to exported images that were resized to less than 1/3 of the original image size.
- The Esc key did not exit the slideshow after right clicking screen with mouse during slideshow playing.
- Import dialog remained blank for folders that contain PNG files with XMP sidecars.
- Metadata panel displayed incorrect information after modifying published photo. Please note that this only occurred when metadata was changed after the photo was published.
What are your thoughts on this release candidate for Lightroom and Camera RAW? Any fixes jump out at you? Any omissions have you scratching your head? Share your thoughts in a comment below.