Antony Spencer is an award winning landscape photographer based out of Dorset, UK. His work is often associated with impressive sky scapes of a natural phenomenon: the aurora borealis. In this interview with Phase One, Spencer goes over 10 of his favorite tips for capturing stunning landscapes.
10 inspiring tips & tricks from landscape photographer Antony Spencer
Several of the tips Spencer goes through in the quick tutorial include:
- Minimize camera shake
- Composition (look for the ‘S’ shape)
- Camera accessories – 5 essential items (think tripod, ND Filters, cable release)
- Perfect planning (get the app – The Photographer’s Ephemeris
- Less is more
- Future proof your image files
- Use different camera platforms
- Blending images – when necessary
- Camera settings – get maximum image quality
- Subject matters – go further and stand out
For post processing your landscape images, check out our HDR Tutorial.
You can check out more of Antony Spencer’s work on his website: www.antonyspencer.com
What is your favorite tip for capturing that perfect landscape?
Until Next Time . . .
Stay Inspired ~ Jules