At a sum of US$ 2,064,500, Leica has the honor of manufacturing the world’s most expensive SLR Lens, the Leica APO-Telyt-R f/5.6 1600mm telephoto lens. A Howitzer among lenses, this 1600mm is also the largest and heaviest telephoto lens at 47.24 inches long, 16.5 inches diameter, and 132 lbs! This one-off lens is commissioned by Qatar’s former minister of Culture, Arts and Heritage Sheikh Saud Bin Mohammed Al-Thani of Qatar.
This lens is so heavy that according to Danish Leica expert Thorsten Overgaard, Sheikh Al-Thani commissioned Mercedes to make a specially-equipped four-wheel-drive vehicle to carry the lens and act as a mobile tripod.
Thanks to Apotelyt.com for the links and photos!
- The Nikon D750 - Is It The Best Wedding DSLR Ever?
- Save $300 on the Nikon D810, and More! | Nikon Deal Alert
- Samsung Listens To Early Adopters, Releases Major NX1 Fir...
- Lightroom 6 Is Coming But Will Require Better Hardware
- Kredo | The New Shareable Digital Portfolio From 4ormat
- 2015 Photo Calendar Print Lab Review - Printing Center USA