At a sum of US$ 2,064,500, Leica has the honor of manufacturing the world’s most expensive SLR Lens, the Leica APO-Telyt-R f/5.6 1600mm telephoto lens. A Howitzer among lenses, this 1600mm is also the largest and heaviest telephoto lens at 47.24 inches long, 16.5 inches diameter, and 132 lbs! This one-off lens is commissioned by Qatar’s former minister of Culture, Arts and Heritage Sheikh Saud Bin Mohammed Al-Thani of Qatar.
This lens is so heavy that according to Danish Leica expert Thorsten Overgaard, Sheikh Al-Thani commissioned Mercedes to make a specially-equipped four-wheel-drive vehicle to carry the lens and act as a mobile tripod.
Thanks to Apotelyt.com for the links and photos!
- Fuji X100T Reviewed In The Midst Of Hong Kong Protests
- Western Digital My Passport Wireless 1TB - Full Review
- First Official Sample Images From New Sigma 150-600mm F/5...
- GoPro Unveils 3 New Models & Goes 4K
- Samsung Demonstrates Impressive Capabilities of New NX1 I...
- Jolt: The Wireless Charging Solution For Your GoPro