Note: There are newer themes available. They are still completely free but they now come with an options page (to customize your blog without altering the code), improved functionality, and a variety of new features. Click here to view examples and receive download and installation instructions for these new free wordpress themes. However, the theme featured on this page is still available for download.
We’re proud and excited to announce the new SLR Lounge Photographer WordPress blog theme. With the thousands of blog themes out there, why would we feel the need to create another one? There simply isn’t much out there that met all of our needs as a photography studio running a photography blog. So we decided to create our own photography blog theme and put in some awesome features and a sleek design, ideal for any type of photographer. Best part, our photography blog theme is professional and free!
Here are just some of the key features:
1. Single column with large images – We’ve taken out the sidebar so you and your fans can focus on the display of large, stunning images. I mean shouldn’t a photography blog theme focus primarily on your photography!?
2. Sleek Typography – We’ve utilized a typography with style & consistency.
3. Widgetized Footer – Typical WordPress themes have a widgetized sidebar, taking up precious room on the side of your page. Instead, we’ve moved the widgets to the bottom of the page, allowing your viewers to navigate your page based on tags, recent comments, recent posts, and any other widgets you chose to install.
4. Twitter & Social Bookmarking – We all know the importance of social bookmarking for spreading awareness of your studio and establishing a stronger relationship with our fans. These features allow you to connect via the most popular communities by displaying your most recent Tweets and linking to RSS Feeds, facebook, and Stumble-upon. You can also customize these buttons to link to any site. So all you photography socialites need look no further for a photography blog theme that will enhance your social image!
5. Drop Down Menus – These menus are important for the overall navigation of your site; and they are easily customizable.
6. Simple, Reliable Commenting System – If you’ve experienced the frustrations of the inconsistencies associated with AJAX, you’ll appreciate this simple, intuitive, and reliable commenting system.
7. Borders – This subtle design feature makes your content pop off the page.
8. Tutorials – Although we will not be able to address every question, we’ll provide a vast array of resources to help you implement your photography blog theme, including Adobe Illustrator template files for creating your banner and your background and WordPress installation instructions. We’re constantly working on these resources; and they can be found by clicking here
Note: There are newer themes available with an options page, improved functionality, and a variety of new features. Click here to view examples and receive download and installation instructions. However, the theme featured on this page is still available for download.