I came across an interesting video today by Gary Fong that has been circulating the wedding photography world recently. In it, he talks about a wedding photographer, Nelson Tang, who receives a letter from a client demanding his $3,800 fee back plus $15,000 under threat of a $300k lawsuit.
According to Gary Fong, who says to have seen the photos, the photographer did a “freaking great job.” Furthermore, the couple put a thousand of them on Facebook where they got praises from their Facebook friends.
The client, who is also a lawyer, goes as far as to threaten the photographer’s livelihood. He even threatens to “hire a person who specializes in search engine optimization” and “blog extensively.”
1) Always have a written contract
2) Never deliver all of the RAW files.
UPDATE! IF YOU’D LIKE TO DONATE TO THE CAUSE OR SEE UPDATED INFO, PLEASE CLICK HERE
- The 'Virtually Unbreakable' SD Card Line
- Rare Contact Sheets From Hollywood's Greatest Films
- Photographers Struck, One Killed, on Railroad Tracks Satu...
- One of only 350 Uber-Rare 13mm Nikon Lenses Being Auction...
- Transforming An Ordinary Guy Into A Manly Man, Von Wong S...
- Canon Disappoints Millions After 'Countdown' Dud