Choosing a wedding photographer can be an overwhelming feat, there are so many talented artists and with the generation of the internet, searching at time scan seem endless. Out of the many factors that play into hiring a photographer, one must consider style, pricing, and competency
[REWIND: Wedding Photography Checklist | To Use Or Not To Use]
When it came to choosing a photographer for their wedding, bride and groom, Christa and Chris, had no hesitation. Joy Maria Smallwood, an accomplished wedding and lifestyle photographer, would be their pick. The one exception… their wedding would be shot on the Nokia Lumia 1020, a camera phone.
Nokia, approached Smallwood asking if she would be willing to “try out” the Lumia 1020 to shoot one of her weddings. Smallwood agreed and booked with a couple who would be willing to take a chance on this offer.
Smallwood, as well as the couple were incredibly impressed with the outcome. The Lumia, features a 41 megapixel sensor, along with included apps to manually adjust iso and white balance, amongst many other options. According to Joy, many of the advanced manual options on the Nokia make it easier to accomplish the shots she desired, especially the wide-angle functions, leaving the result of one happy, and glad to say, beautiful wedding.
[via “WP Central“]
- Navarre, The Land of Light : A Stunning Timelapse Highlig...
- The Power of Networking | Photographing Olympic Athlete J...
- A Pro Fashion Shooter's Favorite Camera | Why Size & Soft...
- Understanding Exposure With The Exposure Triangle
- VSCO Is Giving Away A Free Film Pack For Lightroom
- The Evolution Of The Modern Camera in GIFs