25 year-old journalism graduate Jeremy Barr says he didn’t originally set out to create Local People With Their Arms Crossed. Now it’s the internet’s newest Tumblr trend.
“I wasn’t trying to make a statement about photography, I just thought it was fun.” ~ Jeremy Barr
While culling the internet for different Tumblr ideas, Barr found himself scanning Newseum.org, a website which displays the front pages of hundreds of newspapers everyday. He quickly noticed a pattern. A lot of newspapers, especially smaller local ones, were featuring photos of people staring directly into the camera with their arms crossed. The new Tumblr phenomenon was born.
Several talented photojournalists, including Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer John H. White, were told they would be replaced by freelancers and iPhone-wielding reporters. But no worries, they would receive iPhone photography training.
I’m curious how many staring, arm crossing photos from Chicago Sun-Times will be added to Barr’s page in the upcoming months?
Local People With Their Arms Crossed
“The pose that says, ‘Hey, look at me. I’m featured on the front of my local newspaper.’ ”
Sorry guys, only Ron Burgundy can really work this look for the news.
Until Next Time . . .
Stay Inspired ~ Jules
- Samsung Partners With Joseph Gordon-Levitt To Promote NX1
- A Photographer's Century Old Notebook Uncovered In The An...
- Award Winning TimeLapse Artists Look To Save The Environm...
- Study Of Pose: 1000 Poses By Coco Rocha | A Functional Po...
- The 'Virtually Unbreakable' SD Card Line
- Rare Contact Sheets From Hollywood's Greatest Films