When it comes to photography, timing is arguably everything. Photography is, after all, the act of freezing an instantaneous moment in time. Unlike lighting, composition, or aperture, timing is a photography technique that is not easy to quantify. It is usually the product of experience, alertness, and yes, even pure luck. You could be a professional photographer or a total beginner, but sometimes, being in the right place at the right time with your camera at the ready is all it takes. Or a 12-fps Canon EOS-1D X.
Of course photojournalists, street, wedding, and sports photographers are no strangers to timing, and they make their bread and butter from capturing that “perfect moment.” As an inspiration to timing, here are a handful of images that demonstrate great timing, courtesy of the creative site, BoredPanda.com. You can find more images from their post here and here. Enjoy!
For these two images, I could not find the original photographer. Please let us know who they are if you know.
So readers, which one of your photographs showcases great timing?
- How To Remove A Tattoo In Photoshop | Aaron Nace
- Capturing Audience Attention - A Single Shot Has To Hook...
- Lighting and Posing Tips For Senior Photos | Matt Hernandez
- 70-200 f/2.8 & 2x Teleconverter VS. 100-400mm
- Photoshop Texture Tutorials for a Fine-Art Feel
- A Checklist of Things to Consider Before You Fly Your Dro...