Film making can be very stressful. Many actors and directors turn to drugs and alcohol to try and take the edge off a long and hard days’ work. But what happens when a team of drunk writers and actors get together to shoot a short film? Hilarity ensues, that is what.
Directors Chris Wilson and Zach Persson, fellow Oregonians, talked about the project in their description of the short film. “Star Drunk is an experiment in writing a short film while drunk; several writers from Portland got together one night to write the script. We promised each other that whatever we wrote that night, we’d produce as a short film. We ended up creating a Star Trek-Star Wars-Battlestar Galactica’esque parody with laser gun fights and space battles…”
Taking the concept a step further (and stranger), we asked our cast to be drunk on the night of filming.
I have to say this is one of the funniest short films I have seen in quite a while. Sure it is cheesy, but you have to admit it made you smile at least once. I must make a recommendation though, and that is do not Drink and Film. Working with drunk actors and actresses looks like more trouble than it’s worth. Check out the behind the scenes video below for proof and some more laughs.
What are your thoughts on this project?
- These Overhead Images of Barges Are Vertigo Inducing
- Creepy GIF Animations from Library of Congress Archive
- A View From The Streets: Exploring the City Around Us As...
- The Crowded Cityscape of Hong Kong From a Dizzying Perspe...
- Do You Have the Courage to Live a Creative Life?
- The Photographer Who Ignored Segregation And Saw The Pers...