According to the latest reports from the Sony rumor mill, Sony’s next a-mount camera will be the A77 II. This will be the first new a-mount camera from Sony since the A58 last February.
We don’t have many details about the new camera quite yet, but it is rumored that the AF will be even faster than the new A6000 that Sony is currently touting as the “World’s Fastest AF,” and that the camera will likely include some sort of improved SLT technology.
If the rumors are to be believed (which is likely, given the SR5 rating that the rumor has been given), this new camera will be announced this upcoming spring and could be available as soon as early summer. It has also been said that this is not the only new a-mount camera in the works, more are on the way for you a-mount fans out there.
What are your thoughts on Sony selling both e-mount and a-mount systems? Do you think they should just consolidate into one mount or do you agree with their strategy to seal two different mounts? Leave a comment below to join the discussion.[via Sony Alpha Rumors]
- Canon 5Ds & 5Dr Specs Leak Ahead of Announcement Next Week
- 4 New Sony FE Lenses and 2 Converters Coming for CP+
- Canon & Sony To Team Up On 50MP Sensor via Patent Sharing?
- Fujifilm Starting Development On Larger Sensor; Latest Le...
- Canon EOS M3, T6i, 11-24mm F/4L; All Could Be Announced N...
- Sony A7r Mk II To Feature New 50MP Sensor, Will Be Announ...