In case you have not heard, NAB is this week so get ready for a plethora of awesome video related camera/lens/accessory announcements. One of those such announcements was the big news that Sony has announced their intention to go Toe to Toe with Canon in the Cinema Camera market.
The two key pieces of this announcement were two early prototype cameras, one DSLR style and another more closely resembling a RED or EOS Cinema Camera. Both cameras will be 4K, though beyond that not many details were made available.
In addition to the cameras Sony showed off several lenses, including a 20mm, 135mm, and 50mm cinema lens. It is clear that this entire product line from Sony is designed to compete directly with Canon’s EOS Cinema Line of cameras and lenses.
Stay tune for more great news coming out of NAB 2013.[via EOSHD]
- Oben AC-1321 3-Section Aluminum Tripod Full Review
- Syrp Genie Timelapse & Video Motion Control Review - Incr...
- Sony's A7s - a Low Light Beast With Serious Potential For...
- Vello EXT-CME AF Extension Tube Set - Full Review
- Our Favorite Neutral Density Filters | Gear Talk Episode 5
- A Trip to the Space Needle with the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7