We can all appreciate some self-deprecating humor once in a while, can’t we? As a hilarious rib to the gearheads among us, Sony Australia launched a tongue-in-cheek ad campaign called DLSR Gear No Idea that pokes fun at our obsession with our beloved camera gear (guilty!) and the occasional lenscap malfunction that we may encounter. The caption for each video states that the characters “are the DSLR clueless – all the gear and no idea.”
It may be difficult to notice, but this quirky campaign is advertising the Sony NEX cameras. A funny side note, several of the characters are using Sony gear.
So who are these ads aimed at? What do you believe is the message that Sony is trying to say through these ads? Do you find them funny or offensive? And most importantly, which caricature is most like yourself or someone you know?
The Status Updater
- JPG vs BPG? Another Challenger To The Ubiquitous JPEG Loo...
- The Beard Photography Frenzy, All Started With A Cause
- Airbus Uses A Billion Dollars In Jets For Celebratory Pho...
- Striking Wedding Photos From Kenya Will Leave You In Awe
- Eighty Year Old Unpublished Photo Gems From Fashion Photo...
- TIME Magazine Photo Editors & Experts Pick 27 Photobooks...