Today Sigma announced that there will be a delay in shipping the new 120-300 2.8 DG OS HSM and the USB Dock. This will come as a big disappointment for those of us who have been eagerly awaiting these products since they were announced at Photokina2012.
Sigma has been riding a great PR wave since the release of their 35mm 1.4 which has been very well received. The 120-300 2.8 DG OS HSM was supposed to be the first of Sigma’s new “Sports” lineup, but with the announced delay It is unknown when the new lens will be shipped. The USB dock is a neat device that allows photographers to update lens firmware and adjust focusing.
According to Sigma the delay is due to sourcing parts for the new lens, which was originally slated for a March release. As of today’s announcement the new shipping date is undetermined.[via dpreview]
- 24mm F/1.4 Art | Initial Impressions on Sigma's Newest Ar...
- New Line of Rugged G-Drives | Built To Take A Beating
- Fujifilm's X-A2 Hopes To Capture Amateur Imaginations
- 5 New Favorites From Brands We Already Love At WPPI 2015
- Icelight V2 Pre-Release Hands On Review
- Set Your Wedding Albums Apart with Custom Design, WPPI 2015