Professional Photographer and Retoucher Aaron Nace at PHLearn has released a new free tutorial on blending patterns into fashion images. Create a trendy fashion image using a simple pattern found online without an extra trip to Bloomingdale’s.
In this tutorial, Aaron took a graphic image found online and then cropped and duplicated it to maintain consistency in the houndstooth pattern.
By using layer masks, the warp (transform) tool, and the liquify tool, you can manipulate the pattern until it blends seamlessly with the contours of the shirt, including those little wrinkles in the fabric.
Add highlights and shadows with different layer blending modes to add depth and keep it from looking too flat. By using a layer mask while you are working on this step, you can control the opacity and pull back or increase shadows. All these tools and techniques help blend the pattern with the shirt as though it was apart of the original image.
Create Patterns that Blend Perfectly in Photoshop
So how would you use this technique?
Until Next Time . . .
Stay Inspired ~ Jules
Photo credit: Barias Sahinoglu[via PHLearn]
- How to Create Photoshop Actions The Right Way So They Wor...
- Learn 28 Photoshop Tips, Tricks, & Hacks in 21 Minutes
- A Touch of Wonderland | Photoshop Breakdown & Tips for Ph...
- Upcoming Rangefinder Mirrorless? Astro Exposure Stacking...
- Use Your Photoshop Skills to Save Lives In the 2015 #PSMy...
- Down & Dirty Dodge And Burn Technique Using 'Blend If'