Photokina is going to be quite the show this year. I just wish I was going to be able to make it out to Cologne. We have received word of a pretty big announcement from Samyang (whose lenses are also branded as Opteka, Vivitar, Rokinon, Falcon, Bower, and Walimex).
According to a report over on 4/3 rumors, which gave this their highest rumor rating – meaning they are 81-99% sure of its accuracy, Samyang is poised to announce a new 50mm F/1.5 (yes, F/1.5, that is not a typo) lens for Micro Four Thirds cameras (Like the new Panasonic GH4, for example).
As with other Samyang releases, it is expected to be very reasonably priced, while still providing excellent optical quality. There are also some rumblings that it may have autofocus, which would be a first for Samyang, but chances are, it will be just another manual focus only lens.
I am curious about the F/1.5 aperture. I mean the difference between F/1.4 and F/1.5 is negligible, but F/1.4 is a standard aperture, F/1.5 is not. I am curious about the decision to go with such an odd aperture. Otherwise, I think this is great news for GH4 and other MFT owners who want some quality low light optics on the cheap.
What are your thoughts on this Samyang rumor? Do you think they can pull off a 50mm F/1.5? How about AF? Leave a comment below!
[via 4/3 Rumors]
- More Canon 100-400mm November Replacement Rumblings | Rumor
- Sony/Zeiss/Mamiya Medium Format Rumors Heat Up | Rumor
- More Canon 4K Camera in 2015?| Rumor
- Sony A7000 In 2015 To Be Weather Sealed, Feature 4K Video...
- First Images Of Olympus Stylus 1 Refresh Emerge | Rumor
- Samsung To Follow Up NX1 with NX400 In Early 2015 | Rumor