Photokina is going to be quite the show this year. I just wish I was going to be able to make it out to Cologne. We have received word of a pretty big announcement from Samyang (whose lenses are also branded as Opteka, Vivitar, Rokinon, Falcon, Bower, and Walimex).
According to a report over on 4/3 rumors, which gave this their highest rumor rating – meaning they are 81-99% sure of its accuracy, Samyang is poised to announce a new 50mm F/1.5 (yes, F/1.5, that is not a typo) lens for Micro Four Thirds cameras (Like the new Panasonic GH4, for example).
As with other Samyang releases, it is expected to be very reasonably priced, while still providing excellent optical quality. There are also some rumblings that it may have autofocus, which would be a first for Samyang, but chances are, it will be just another manual focus only lens.
I am curious about the F/1.5 aperture. I mean the difference between F/1.4 and F/1.5 is negligible, but F/1.4 is a standard aperture, F/1.5 is not. I am curious about the decision to go with such an odd aperture. Otherwise, I think this is great news for GH4 and other MFT owners who want some quality low light optics on the cheap.
What are your thoughts on this Samyang rumor? Do you think they can pull off a 50mm F/1.5? How about AF? Leave a comment below!
[via 4/3 Rumors]
- New Canon 16-35mm F/2.8L In The Works?
- 5D Mark IV Out In The Wild, Expected Announcement This Year
- Rumor Rumblings Point to New Ricoh GR Camera Coming Soon!
- New Panasonic G7 Images Leak Ahead Of Tomorrows Official...
- Samsung Rumor Updates, 24mm F/1.4 S Coming Soon
- Panasonic G7 Images and Specs Leak Online Ahead Of Expect...