According to the latest rumors as published by Photo Rumors we can finally expect (well, as much as you can expect anything based on a rumor) to see an announcement for the long rumored full frame Sony NEX mirrorless camera. The rumors about this camera have been around for quite a while but only recently has anything with any reliability been heard.
So why is this a big deal? This is more than a big deal, this is a HUGE deal for the mirrorless camera market. If this full frame Sony NEX is announced next month then it will be the first modern full frame mirrorless camera since the Digital Leica M. So what all do we know about this new full frame Sony NEX?
According to Photo Rumors the following facts are “known” about this new – yet to be announced – full frame Sony NEX.
- The full frame Sony mirrorless camera will be based on the Sony NEX-7, but it will be larger.
- Two full frame mirrorless cameras will be announced: one in October, the other one few months later.
- Expected full frame Zeiss FE lenses to be announced: 35mm f/2.8 (already leaked), 55mm f/1.8 and most likely a 85mm f/1.8.
- The camera body will be priced around $3,000 and should be in stock before the end of the year.
- The new full frame NEX will be on display during the PhotoPlus show in New York at the end of October.
So what are your thoughts on this rumor? Will we finally see a full frame NEX camera? What will this mean for the current mirrorless market which is dominated by micro 4/3rds and APS-C sized senors? Let us know your thoughts in a comment below.[via Photo Rumors]
- Zeiss Announces New Batis Line For Sony FE Mount
- Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC Is Finally Here & Finally Fa...
- The SmallHD 502 On-Camera Monitor & Viewfinder Are Gorgeous
- Mitakon's New 85mm F/1.2 Speedmaster Is A Portrait Photog...
- Fujifilm Officially Unveils New 16mm F/1.4
- Edelkrone Announces New SliderPLUS Modules