Oh, this is goldmine and just simply hilarious! With all the DSLR cameras that have been released in rapid succession in the first 4 months of the year and everybody and their mother claiming sides with 5DmkIII, D800, OM-D, X-Pro1, and so on, we sometimes forget that the camera is just a tool. A tool to make great photos, but a tool that depends on the photographer who has the vision, creativity, and technical know-how.
Yes, I won’t lie, I do fall into the gear-head profile, especially as an SLR Lounge writer, and even though I only shoot with a micro 4/3 camera, the Panasonic GH2, for my fashion and commercial photography, I still scour the internet a lot for gear-related news, reviews, debates, etc. Hey, it’s research, right?
So Roger Cicala from LensRental posted a great article of how silly we can sound when we get a little gear-obsessed and fire Canon (zing!) volleys at each other in a way that makes some forum threads sound more like a Presidential debate! Just Google 5D mkIII and D800 to see what I mean.
Imagine how it would sound if a forum talking about hammers start talking about hammers and nails with the kind of fervor that we have =D
Roger’s Cicala’s LensRental Blog
Which makes me wonder, I wonder what is the hammer-equivalent to that £100,000 Nikon Lens we posted earlier this week.
- PICR Is Aiming To Bring Clients To You & Help You Streaml...
- Photography Courses: 5 Essential Courses For Professionals
- Shooting Film Is The Last Word In Meditation | 'The Sound...
- Camera Sales Continue To Fall Because Your Emotions Matte...
- Reuters Enacts Ban On RAW Photos For Sake Of Speed & Ethics
- Photography Courses: 5 Essential Courses For Every Beginner