Let’s Get Festive!
This is the time of year where we get to show off our artwook in the form of pumpkin carving. You don’t have to be an professional artist to carve a pumpkin well, the beauty of pumpkin carving is that anyone can do it!
Now we have a new spin on pumpkin carving that anyone can do too. Pumpkin Frames! It’s as fun as pumpkin carving, and a festive way to display your photos!
What You’ll Need
- A pumpkin with one relatively flat side
- Your favorite (seasonal) photo
- Tracing Paper
- A knife or pumpkin-carving tools
- A flat frame
- 2 Nails
- A flameless candle
Step 1: Print your picture on Tracing Paper
After you’ve selected the photo you want to use you’ll need to print it on tracing paper. The best way do this is to tape the tracing paper to a regular piece of paper so it will go through the printer smoothly. I recommend printing a 4×6 inch size of your photo, so you know exactly what size rectangle to cut into the pumpkin.
Step 2:Pumpkin Carving
If you’ve carved pumpkins before then this will be a piece of pumpkin cake. If not, don’t worry, it’ll still be easy. After you’ve gutted the pumpkin, you’ll want to make a 4×6 inch rectangle on the flat side of the pumpkin. Usually a sharp knife works, but if you’re a pumpkin carving enthusiast, then this is your time to shine with your pumpkin carving tool kit.
Step 4: Put it all Together
Now you’ll want to take your nails and attach your frame with photo to your pumpkin. I recommend buying a frame that’s made of soft material, because wood or metal would be hard to nail through and you will most likely damage the pumpkin in the process.
Step 5: Put in your Candle
When it gets dark enough, go ahead and pop in your flameless candle and enjoy your Halloween themed frame!
- A List of Flight Maneuvers for Aerial Photography
- 5 Things That Can Pull Double Duty In Your Camera Bag
- Cheetyr | The Searchable Shortcut Cheat Sheet For Photoshop
- Photoshop Playbook: Image File Formats Explained: When To...
- 6 Tips for Photographing Fast Animals
- 5 Quick Tips For Shooting Lifestyle Photography