Buenos Aires based photographer Sophie Starzenski accepted a challenge from a friend to take a selfie a month for the entirety of her pregnancy. Simple enough, many people have done similar project and the results are always fun for the people close to the mother.
But this project by Sophie, which she has titled Proyecto Pyokko was particularly striking to me. I love that since she is a photographer she had the sense to have the scene remain the same, the lighting pretty consistent, and the overall image quality is great. It is a simple and powerful project that shows how human life comes to be from the earliest stages of pregnancy all the way to the baby on her hip. I also love the more artistic approach of hiding her face and breasts, which gives the series an anonymous feeling as if it could be any mother anywhere.
Check out the series below and let us know what you think about the project.
[via DIY Photography via Behance]
- Newborn Photography Posing: The Back Pose
- New Workshop! Fine Art Boudoir Tutorial
- Finding Joy & Fulfillment In Ice-Cold Surf Photography |...
- Robert De Niro Tells NYU Art Grads 'You're F#cked' But It...
- 6 Tips To Understanding White Balance and Color Temperature
- Lessons From a Leica Master, Street Photographer Eolo Per...