OnOne has just announced their new Perfect Photo Suite 8, the latest edition of their photo editing toolset. As with previous versions of the Perfect Photo Suite the software can act as a stand alone photo editor or as a plugin that works within Adobe’s Photoshop & Lightroom.
This new version of the Perfect Photo Suite is due to be released on November 26th, but if you are interested in trying out the suite before it hits stores you can join the public beta that was also just announced. This is a great opportunity for you to give the suite a try and check out the new features prior to its release so that you can make a decision about upgrading or purchasing if you like.
Notable New Features
Some of the notable new feature included in Perfect Photo Suite 8 are as follows:
- Perfect Enhance module – Perfect Enhance provides essential tools for basic enhancements. Use it to adjust brightness and contrast, remove a color cast, remove dust spots and power lines, and add sharpening and vignettes. It is an ideal module to start with when using Perfect Photo Suite 8 as a standalone application or when quick corrections are needed.
- Perfect Eraser – Using content-aware fill technology and simple brush strokes, the Perfect Eraser removes objects and automatically reconstructs the image with realistic results.
- Twice as Many Filters – The Effects module now includes new adjustable filters including: HDR Look, Dynamic Contrast for tonal clarity, Vintage, Grunge, Antique, and more.
- Customizable Presets – All built-in presets included in Perfect Photo Suite 8 may be deconstructed by their filter settings and personally customized.
- FocalPoint is now in the Effects Module – The best parts of FocalPoint technology to create bokeh, tilt-shift, and selective focus effects after the shot, are now in the Effects module as the Lens Blur filter.
- New Browse module – Images can be browsed and directly accessed from Perfect Photo Suite wherever they are stored—on the computer, an external drive, a connected network, and even on a cloud-based storage service like Dropbox, Google Drive, or Apple’s photo stream.
- Perfect Batch Utility – Powerful batch processing of actions from one or multiple modules, including the insertion of a watermark.
- Multiple File Handling: As a photo editor, you can now open and work with more than one image at a time. Move between images to edit or copy layers from one file to the next.
- Improved Masking Bug: Redesigned Masking Bug in the Effects and Layers modules make mask creation easier and more intuitive.
- Higher Quality Effects: Performance enhancements improve effects by minimizing artifacts without sacrificing processing speed.
- Improved RAW file handling: Open and process RAW files faster and with better quality. Support for new cameras also added.
According to OnOne there is a special deal going on right now for those of you who are interested in pre-ordering the new Perfect Photo Suite 8. According to their website:
“There is a special deal right now. If you pre-order the Perfect Photo Suite 8 Premium Edition, you’ll also receive the Essential Video Guide for Perfect Photos Suite 8 as a free bonus. Both will deliver on November 26th. Upgrades are now only USD $99.95 and new users can get it for USD $179.95, who will also receive a copy of Perfect Photo Suite 7.5 immediately that they can start using in the meantime.”
You can learn more about the Perfect Photo Suite 8 via the OnOne Software website.
What are your thoughts on this new version of OnOne’s Perfect Photo Suite 9? Do any of the features strike you are particularly interesting? Let us know in a comment below![via Popular Photography] [FAQ: What is HDR Photography?]
- JPG vs BPG? Another Challenger To The Ubiquitous JPEG Loo...
- Airbus Uses A Billion Dollars In Jets For Celebratory Pho...
- TIME Magazine Photo Editors & Experts Pick 27 Photobooks...
- Lenstag Releases Infographic Showing The Most Stolen Gear...
- Grandfather Arrested For Taking Photo of A Sign in United...
- Amazon Announces Prime Photos | Cloud Solution With Unlim...