A few days ago, a new shockwave was sent through rumor land as an international dealer for Sigma listed the new 50mm F/1.4 at $790. In the aftermath of that news being distributed across the web, the company has since updated their page, removing the reference to $790 and replaced it with a date.
According to the site, the official price for the Sigma 50mm f/1.4 will be announced around April 11th. I can also confirm that this is what I am hearing from my sources with knowledge of the announcement. So, we have a date, hopefully in addition to the price, the availability of the new 50mm F/1.4 will also be announced at that time.
I am not sure what to think about pricing on this lens. I thought the originally rumored price of $1300 was way too high, but now this price of $790 – while awesome – I think is probably too low. As much as $790 would rock, I think it will probably fall closer to $900 or $1000. I mean the 24-105mm F/4 and the 35mm F/1.4 are both in the $900 range, I see no reason why the new 50mm would buck that trend.
- New Canon 16-35mm F/2.8L In The Works?
- 5D Mark IV Out In The Wild, Expected Announcement This Year
- Rumor Rumblings Point to New Ricoh GR Camera Coming Soon!
- New Panasonic G7 Images Leak Ahead Of Tomorrows Official...
- Samsung Rumor Updates, 24mm F/1.4 S Coming Soon
- Panasonic G7 Images and Specs Leak Online Ahead Of Expect...