A few days ago, a new shockwave was sent through rumor land as an international dealer for Sigma listed the new 50mm F/1.4 at $790. In the aftermath of that news being distributed across the web, the company has since updated their page, removing the reference to $790 and replaced it with a date.
According to the site, the official price for the Sigma 50mm f/1.4 will be announced around April 11th. I can also confirm that this is what I am hearing from my sources with knowledge of the announcement. So, we have a date, hopefully in addition to the price, the availability of the new 50mm F/1.4 will also be announced at that time.
I am not sure what to think about pricing on this lens. I thought the originally rumored price of $1300 was way too high, but now this price of $790 – while awesome – I think is probably too low. As much as $790 would rock, I think it will probably fall closer to $900 or $1000. I mean the 24-105mm F/4 and the 35mm F/1.4 are both in the $900 range, I see no reason why the new 50mm would buck that trend.
- More Canon 100-400mm November Replacement Rumblings | Rumor
- Sony/Zeiss/Mamiya Medium Format Rumors Heat Up | Rumor
- More Canon 4K Camera in 2015?| Rumor
- Sony A7000 In 2015 To Be Weather Sealed, Feature 4K Video...
- First Images Of Olympus Stylus 1 Refresh Emerge | Rumor
- Samsung To Follow Up NX1 with NX400 In Early 2015 | Rumor