Today, Nikon unveiled an extensive firmware update for both the D800 and D800E which both fixes some issues with the two cameras as well as adds some interesting new features.
Among the updates is this interesting little gem, D800 owners will now have the ability to assign the movie button to other functions. This is a pretty neat feature that will be of most interest to you stills-only people, because you will now essentially gain an extra button on the body.
- Custom Setting f13 has been changed to Assign Movie Record Button.
- HTTP server mode – Use to view the pictures on the camera memory card, or to take photographs, from the web browser on a computer or iPhone.
- FTP upload mode (previously Transfer mode (FTP)) – Use to upload photos and movies from camera memory cards, or to upload photos as they are taken, to an ftp server.
- Support for CompactFlash memory cards with capacities greater than 128 GB has been added.
What are your thoughts on this firmware update for the D800/D800E? Do you think Nikon did enough, or is there something missing that you would like to see? Leave a comment below to discuss!
- 24mm F/1.4 Art | Initial Impressions on Sigma's Newest Ar...
- New Line of Rugged G-Drives | Built To Take A Beating
- 5 New Favorites From Brands We Already Love At WPPI 2015
- Icelight V2 Pre-Release Hands On Review
- Set Your Wedding Albums Apart with Custom Design, WPPI 2015
- Is the Mola Setti the King of Beauty Dishes?