Nikon’s my Picturetown was their first attempt to create a photo sharing platform, but even as a Nikon shooter I had never heard of this service.
However, they have just announced today that they will be taking a second shot at this, and it has now been re-branded as Nikon Image Space.
The service is open to all photographers, and not just to Nikon shooters. However, they do give Nikon shooters a free upgrade to 20Gb of space, rather than the standard 2Gb.
You could see this as a great time for Nikon to enter into this type of service with the recent controversy of Instagram and 500px. However, I personally feel the photo sharing communities are very competitive and with it being dubbed as “Nikon Image Space” they could alienate Canon, Sony and Pentax shooters.
The service is all set to be released January 28th.
Will you be joining?
Click Here to read more.
- Bella Art Prints | Photo Printing With A Soul
- Lytro Cuts Staff, Shifts Focus, But Reaffirms Commitment...
- Come Meet the SLR Lounge Team at WPPI 2015!
- Which Mirrorless System is Closest to 'Arriving'?
- The AP Marks The 70th Anniversary of The Famous Iwo Jima...
- Photographers Whose Careers Ended After Freak Accident Se...