The news for the Adobe Creative Suite CS2 spread like wildfire; unfortunately this is not the case.
Dov Isaac’s, an Adobe Scientist, posted in the Adobe Forums and clarifies what is actually happening.
It appears that the activation servers for Adobe CS2 have been terminated, and the downloadable application which is available on the Adobe site does not require activation. The updated CS2 application merely requires a serial number to install.
With it being possible to obtain the installation files and serial numbers, there was a misconception that Adobe is providing CS2 for free, but unfortunately this is not the case.
You are only legally able to download and install CS2 if you are a previously licensed user.
“On behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated …
You have heard wrong! Adobe is absolutely not providing free copies of CS2!
What is true is that Adobe is terminating the activation servers for CS2 and that for existing licensed users of CS2 who need to reinstall their software, copies of CS2 that don’t require activation but do require valid serial numbers are available. (Special serial numbers are provided on the page for each product download.) See
You are only legally entitled to download and install with that serial number if you have a valid license to the product!” – Dov Isaacs
- A Comment Fueled Debate on The 50mm & 85mm Lenses For Por...
- These Overhead Images of Barges Are Vertigo Inducing
- Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep Needs Photographers!
- Creepy GIF Animations from Library of Congress Archive
- Should You Upgrade From an iPhone 5 to an iPhone 6? Austi...
- Black Chronicles II: Unseen For 120 Years, Striking Portr...