The Official Sigma dealer in the country of Belarus has listed the new Sigma 50mm f/1.4 at $790, a much better price than the previously rumored price of $1200. It is curious though, that this price is lower than that of the 35mm F/1.4 – but being as this is an official Sigma dealer it is hard to find much reason to doubt the price.
If this new Sigma 50mm f/1.4‘s improvements hold true to those that were leaked, and the performance is in fact on par with the Zeiss Otus, a price of $790 is amazing. It would still make it one of the most expensive 50mm F/1.4 lenses on the market, but the performance would more than make it worth the price. $790 is a price that I can see myself paying, along with trading in my old Sigma 50mm f/1.4, so I hope this price is accurate, or at least in the ballpark.
At any rate, I would expect some sort of official announcement from Sigma on this within the next 3-4 weeks if they are going to hit their goal of getting the Canon mount version of the lens out by the end of April.
What are your thoughts on this new rumored price? Is $790 a good number or is this still too much in your mind? Leave a comment below to join the discussion.[via Sigma Rumors]
- 4 New Sony FE Lenses and 2 Converters Coming for CP+
- Canon & Sony To Team Up On 50MP Sensor via Patent Sharing?
- Fujifilm Starting Development On Larger Sensor; Latest Le...
- Canon EOS M3, T6i, 11-24mm F/4L; All Could Be Announced N...
- Sony A7r Mk II To Feature New 50MP Sensor, Will Be Announ...
- Canon T6i/750D To Come In Two Variants? | Rumored Specs