03.11.2015 – V3 ANNOUNCED!!!
- Responsive Design
- Live/Visual Customization
- Choose from 7 different Blog Layouts, 2 Different Portfolio Layouts and Many More Options
- Control All Background Colors, Fonts and Other Embellishments
- Optional Slideshow Mastheads
- SEO Optimized with SEO tutorials (coming soon)
- Various Footer Widgets for Featured Posts and More
- Social Media Sharing Options for Increased Exposure
Check it out here.
We’ve included a few important updates for all of your SLR Lounge V2 users to iron out a few bugs. If you downloaded the theme prior to 6/28/2012, we recommend updating the theme to the current version. For instructions on how to update your SLR Lounge V2 WordPress Theme, please click on our forums.
Here are a list of fixes/updates:
1) Expanded the type styling (Font) options – We’ve added a few more options for font sizes and font colors for the text used on the site. Among other things, we added the ability to change the font color in the drop down menu and added the ability to change the color of the commenter link within the comment system.
2) Added the ability to control the profile border color – We’ve added the ability to select the exact color of the border surrounding the profile picture.
3) Added the ability to hide or show the tags at the bottom of each post – The tags and categories shown at the bottom of each post can now be hidden.
Cost: Free!!! For a Whitelabel Version (without credit to the creators, please click here)
Download: Click here to Download for Free!
(If you’re already signed up for our newsletter and would like to download, please email [email protected] for the direct link. Include “WordPress Theme” as the subject and the email address that is subscribed to the newsletter in the body)
Example: LJP Associates, Los Angeles Event Photographers
- Slideshow Banner compatible with iPhone and iPads
- Control over which pages Slideshow Banner is displayed on
- Full control over placement of logo
- Full control over background images and color
- Full control over FAVICON
- Full andÂ independentÂ control of all fonts on the page
- Featured profile section that you may choose to display or not
- Robust Commenting System featuring an AJAX popup
- Control of Alt Text of all images Uploaded for SEO
- Full Instructions and guidance on setup and customization
1) Sign Up for Hosting – This theme requires a self-hosted wordpress account. Click here to sign up for affordable hosting.
2) Install WordPress – For video instructions on Installing WordPress, see this post on HOW TO INSTALL WORDPRESS.
3) Download the Theme – Download by Signing Up HERE
4) Install Theme
The easiest way to install the theme is by Adding New Themes using the Administration Panel.You can download Themes directly to your blog by using the Add New Themes option in the Appearance sub-menu.
- Log in to the WordPress Administration Panel.
- Select the Appearance panel, then Themes.
- Select Install Themes
- Use the sub-menu or the Search or Filter options to locate a Theme you would like to use.
- Click on the Preview link to preview the Theme or the Install link to upload the Theme to your blog.
- Use the Upload link in the top sub-menu to upload a zipped copy of a Theme that you have previously downloaded to your machine.
You may find more information on installing themes on WordPress.com – USING THEMES
We also did a quick video tutorial on installing themes for our previous themes. Though the themes are different, the installation should be similar. You can view these video tutorials here.
5) Customize Theme
Under “Appearance” click on “SLR Lounge Options” and begin customizing! We’ve included instructions on each tab, so it should be pretty simple. If you have any questions, please refer to the “Common Questions” below.
- Can I change the height of the slideshow?No, that is not a feature of this theme, although it is achievable through custom coding
- Why is my menu not displaying correctly? What do I do? This theme uses “Custom Menus.” You can find instructions and info here.
- Can I add archives to my menu? This theme does not support archives in the menu.
- How do I add Facebook Comments? We will add tutorials on this later, but if you’d like to give it a shot, we recommend this free plugin.
- Are there other resources to help me? We encourage comments below. In addition, we released a beta version and has a discussion here.
- How much does it cost to remove the credits? For a Whitelabel Version (without credit to the creators, please click here)
Feel free to ask more questions in the comments below. Thanks!
- 5 SEO Tips You Need To Know (That Others Don’t)
- 5 Reasons Partnering With Your Direct Competitor May Be T...
- SEO Primer | Understanding Search Engine Results
- Tony Luciani Creates Rehabilitative Portraits of His Elde...
- Pixbuf Releases Analytics Tool To Be Your Photography Ana...
- Using One On-Camera Flash To Create Multiple Light Sources