Take everything you have heard about the Canon 7D Replacement specs and throw them out the window. According to a new rumor report from Canon Rumors, the author is 90% sure that he has the real Canon 7D replacement specs and they are quite different from what has previously been reported.
New Canon EOS 7D Replacement Specifications
- Kit lenses: 18-135 IS STM and 15-85 IS STM
- CF, UDMA mode 7 + SD, UHS-I
- No GPS or WiFi
- Fixed LCD, with no touch function.
- 20.2MP “Fine Detail” CMOS Sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Dual DIGIC 6 Processors
- 65 AF points “All Cross-type”. Dual cross on the center point.
- ISO 100-16000, ISO Boost mode 25600 and 51200
- 1080p/720p both get 60fps
- Servo AF for video shooting.
- Anti-flicker mode, eliminates flickers under flickering lights
- Spot metering size 1.8%
- Built-in flash with radio trigger function.
- Mic and headphones connectors
- Can sync time between 7D II cameras.
- Lens electronic MF
- About 100% coverage OVF
As you can see, these are pretty different from what we were hearing before (which, let’s be honest, was rather unbelievable). The author of the post over at CR says he is 90% sure of these new specs, and if I am honest, these seem much more realistic to me than the previously reported specs.
20MP sensor is great, 60FPS at 1080 is awesome, 10fps is wonderful, 65 cross type AF points is insane. If these turn out to be legit, this will most likely be my next DSLR purchase. I have been living in no man’s land lately between review gear for stills and using my EOS-M cameras for video. These specs make my mouth water…
What are your thoughts on these new specs? Do they seem more realistic to you than the old ones? Leave a comment below![via Canon Rumors]
- Did Sigma Scoop Canon on an F/2 Zoom Lens?
- Upcoming Pentax Full Frame Camera To Feature Same 42MP Se...
- Latest Nikon D5 Rumors Point to 4K Video & Native High IS...
- 300mm f/4 PRO Delayed While Olympus Adds Image Stabilizat...
- Rumored Nikon to Sony FE AF Adapter Nearing Production
- 24-35mm F/2? Sigma Rumored To Announce New Lens Tomorrow!