The new RX100 M3 is one of those high quality point and shoot cameras that even a professional photographer can enjoy while on family outings or vacation. As with most cameras though, the RX100 M3 does not think too highly of water or the damage that it can cause it.
Enter Nauticam, a company specializing in underwater housings for cameras. They have just announced their new underwater housing for the Sony RX100 M3 with the NA-RX100III. The housing allows you access to all camera controls and the lens cover extends long enough for your lens to fully extend.
- Secure, easy to use locking latch
- Ergonomic controls with size, shape and color differentiation
- All camera controls accessible
- All controls clearly labeled
- Popup/push down flash lever
- Fiber optic bulkhead
- Integrated leak detector and optional vacuum check
- M10 mounting ball
- Cold shoe mount
- 67mm threaded port mount
- 1/4-20 tripod or tray mounting holes
- Sculpted, sensitive shutter release
- M16 bulkhead port for HDMI output
- M14 bulkhead port for vacuum valve
This, for me, would be a much more convenient option that trying to take a DSLR under water. The RX100 M3 offers incredible image and video quality, and being able to take it underwater in a still relatively small underwater housing would be awesome.
[REWIND: Sony Announces New RX100 M3]
I will definitely be thinking about this in combination with the RX100 M3 the next time I head to Hawaii. The new NA-RX100III is not currently available online, but will be available for purchase for $999 at any of Nauticams dealer partners.
- Tamron Announces New Fast Primes with Image Stabilization...
- GH4 Vlog Update Announced, New Lumix 25mm Annouced, No Mo...
- Canon Announces 35mm F/1.4L II & Brings EOS M3 Stateside,...
- OM-D EM-10 II Official, Nikon F to Sony E Adapter Update,...
- Is 500px’s New App a True High Resolution Instagram?
- 500px ReDesign, GH4 Vlog Update, & EOS-M3 to the US? | Da...