Here is a double bombshell for all you Black Magic Cinema Camera lovers. It looks like Black Magic Design is going to introduce not one, but two new versions of the much loved Blackmagic Cinema Camera (BMCC). We will continue to update the announcement as they come along, but here is what we should look forward to as seen from this Instragram snapshot from filmbot
Blackmagic Production Camera 4K
- Compact 4K camera
- Super 35 sensor
- Global shutter
- Ultra HD and 4K support
- Built-in SSD Recorder
- Touch LCD metadata entry
- Compressed CinemaDNG RAW and ProRes recording
- Thunderbolt compatibility
- EF Lens compatibility
- Included DaVinci Resolve and UltraScope
- Price of $3,995
A 4K camera for just under $4k is virtually unheard of and will seriously rock the competition. Moreover, the Production Cinema 4K has global shutter and compressed CinemaDNG RAW, too!
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
- Super 16 sensor
- 13 stops of dynamic range
- Built-in SD card recorder
- High resolution LCD
- ProRes and CinemaDNG Raw
- Active Micro Four-Thirds Lens compatibility
- Micro HDMI monitoring with overlays
- Price of $995
I’m super-excited that they are releasing the PCC with an active Micro Four-Thirds lens mount, which means that native MFT lenses with electronically-controlled focus and aperture will work on the Pocket Cinema Camera, unlike the current MFT-mount BMCC. Oh, and that price!
NAB has just barely begun and the exciting new products announce will keep the industry and all of us who are venturing in to videos on our toes. Tune in for more!
- Sony RX100 M3 Review - Is This My Perfect Point & Shoot C...
- Canon 5D Mark III vs. Nikon D810: Which One Comes Out On...
- First Look At The Zeiss Otus 85mm F/1.4, How Does It Hold...
- Oben Tripod Review - CT-3451 Carbon Fiber Tripod with BE-...
- Porteen Gear Darby Compact Review: Custom Bags for All
- Oben AC-1321 3-Section Aluminum Tripod Full Review